Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Monday 21 January 2013

20 Days of Gold Making: Day 2

If you set yourself a goal, what was your goal & at what point did you set it?

I've never really set myself a goal in the sense of "I want this amount of gold by this date". My general goal is to have enough money to be able to buy items that I want in-game as and when. Two such items really stand out for me so I'll talk a little about them.

Reasonably early into my WoW-life I saw someone in Stormwind on the Sandstone Drake or rather someone transformed into one. I loved how it looked and asked my boyfriend how I could get one. For me this is quite a common occurence (even now) I see a cool mount and instantly consult my walking, talking guide (aka the boyf). In this case he explained that the drake can be made by alchemists with the recipe. At the time I lacked an alchemist and no-one I knew had the recipe. And so it began - my quest for gold in order to purchase this awesome mount!

Later I again saw a mount I wanted and this time it was the Mekginner's Chopper. This mount was more achieveable as I had an engineer and was in the process of leveling her. However, these bikes don't come cheap and it's necesary to grind rep with the Alliance Vanguard to get the schematic. Whilst I was working on the rep I made making gold a key priority. I was still building a stock pile of gold to purchase the Sandstone Drake and so I just increased my efforts.

On Day 8 you'll find out whether I ever met my goal of having enough gold to purchase these two mounts...

No comments:

Post a Comment