Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Wednesday 22 January 2014

You Can Call Me Lorewalker Jo!

On Sunday I finally reached exalted status with The Lorewalkers! Grinding rep with them has been on my list of to do's for ages now but I think knowing that it required me to fly around looking for scrolls resulted in me keeping on putting it off. That was until this past weekend.

I had a really bad back all weekend and earlier this week (but it's much better now) which meant that I either had to keep moving or sit really still to be comfy. This meant nothing to serious (ie. dungeons or raid finder). I started off with some archaeology and then thought 'why not work on the lorewalkers'.

I managed to get multiple stories going at once :)
I started off by making a note of which scrolls I'd already found and was quite surprised at how mnay I'd found for myself (about 1/3 - 1/2). I then managed to find a couple of awesome guides on Wowhead. Wowheads own guide is brilliant as it has maps with pins marking each scrolls location - but I wasnted to cut corners and only go to the scrolls I needed. I then stumbled across a fan written guide - Exploration in MoP - All Lore Objects and Achievements. Again this included maps with pins but no details of what was where... until I read the comments.

 
One fabulous person had posted a comment detailing the name of each scroll and it's location (in co-ordinates). I don't think they listed every single scroll but there was enough to be able to work out which was where. So, I used this info along with the pinned maps in the two aforementioned guides.

It didn't take me long to do and I even took the time to read most of the scrolls. I'm not brilliant at lore but this will certainly have helped. Then ofcourse came the silver lining(s) - Lorewalkers Tabard and the fabled Disc of the Red Flying Cloud!

That's one rep grind ticked off the list with plenty more to go...

4 comments:

  1. I was really excited to get this one done early since it was a lot faster to do than the other rep grinds. Congrats on the new achievements and mount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the exact reason that I left it - because I knew it wouldn't take long to do so I started on the more tedious grinds first. It was totally worth it though.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Well worth it for the flying disc alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the disc - I was saying to Rinike that's its like the virtual Azerothian version of a surfboard :)

      Delete