Header

 photo 4notext_zps7ff5226b.jpg  photo 3notext_zps0c82ea50.jpg  photo 1notext_zps1e4d9aeb.jpg

Sunday 6 April 2014

It's been a while... [Re-Cap post on Legendaries, Mounts and /Flex]

I've not had much spare time these past few months which has really hampered the amount of time I have been able to play WoW let alone catch-up on the latest news & blogs and write my own. But I'm glad to say after a couple of weeks working 12-hour days we hit our deadline (31st March) and our draft advice is now out for review /cheer.

Despite been busy I have managed to achieve a fair amount of things this past month...

Sneak peak...
I Am Legendary...


I finally managed to complete the Legendary cloak quest chain a couple of weeks ago. It took me about 5 or 6 attempts before I realised Yu'lon really meant doing nothing at all and eventually defeated Wrathion! And then I really was on the home run. I was also super excited to witness the giant me on the balcony after speaking to Cho and took tonnes of pictures - it'e even my desktop background.


I thought it was really cool that I got to see how my hunter would look with each of the four cloaks on even though she'll only ever have Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen. I still think my favourite is the stamina-intellect one Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon but I'm pretty content to just have the cloak no matter how it looks. Having said that I'd have been much happier if they were transmoggable.

Pretty Pony



I've also managed to win three games playing Hearthstone which I haven't played for a very looooong time now. It took me a whole evening to get three wins, in-part because I kept getting distracted and making stupid mistakes, but it reminded me how fun the game is. The pony is very pretty too and I was rather surprised to see it sprout wings and fly up into the air when I pressed the space bar expect it to just rear up!



 More New Mounts...

The last couple of Friday Fun Run's have also ticked off the final few parts of two fairly heft meta-achieves that I've wanted for ages - Glory of the Ulduar Raider (25 player) and Glory of the Icecrown Raider (15 player). I've been working on both of these for some time now and was especially excited about the mounts - Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake and Reins of the Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher



 This has now pushed me to 113/150 mounts (75%) for We're Going to Need More Saddles and overall 11430 achievement points.



And /Flex

Finally, a quick update on Sunday flex runs. Overall there's been a fair amount of re-shuffling since I last spoke about flex. We've had a group of ~4 players from another guild on my server join us for a few weeks now. They're a bunch of nice guys and they turn up on time etc so it's a real mutual benefit.

Unfortunately we've not made it much past Part 2. The first week the new guys joined we were hoping to attempt Part 3 but it wasn't to be. However, we started over at Part 1 which has enabled some new people to join and others to bring and gear alts. We've been especially lucky to have Super-Reliq join us the past couple of weeks on his tank... although he could do with running raid finder a bit more for gear /giggles.

As usual it's been a real laugh and we've kept spirits high despite the wipes. But for me last week was the most frustrating run so far. Those bloody Dark Shamans!!! Grr! We had the green blobs get stuck on some stairs, bug out and reset the boss. Then we wiped on 0% followed by a few other wipes (all below 5%) before we had to call it for the night. This evening we're revisiting Part 2 and I really hope we kick some Dark Shaman butt!

Thanks to those of you that turn up either every week or when you can - you make the flex runs what they are ;)

1 comment:

  1. Grats on your new mounts and your legendaries!

    ReplyDelete